Thursday, April 2, 2020

April 2. - dedicate one to my lady

I, like most of you, have had a lot on my mind lately. When this happens I typically end up waking up multiple times during the night and multiple times in the morning. Tends to not be restful sleep. Last night was one of those nights.

To go along with multiple wake up times there were multiple songs that were bopping around.

The first was this classic by a huge band from Chicagoland: “Somewhere I Belong” by Linkin Park



Actually the last time I woke up was this ditty from a band most people haven't heard about that I stumbled across on an airplane of all places via a flight on AA. I had heard this song earlier in the day so it was a bit of a latent earworm, lying wait: “The Otherside” by Red Sun Rising



But the song that occupied my head for the majority of the night and initial waking period was this smooth gem from one of Paul Wellers bands post Jam. I’ve always dug this tune and even still have the vinyl from my college days. I dedicate this to my wife of almost 29 years. I know I dont say it enough, but the title is apt for how I feel. I am happy to present and mean with all my ❤️: “You’re The Best Thing” by The Style Council


No comments:

Post a Comment